How to make a complaint

We aim to provide the best service that we can, given our resources.  We know that no matter how hard we try to, we sometimes do not meet your expectations.

If you have a complaint or concern about the service that you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in the practice, please let us know. We operate a complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints. Our complaints system meets national criteria.


We hope that most complaints can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time that they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days, or at the most a few weeks. This will enable us to establish what has happened more easily. If it is not possible to do this, please let us have the details fo your complaint within six months of the incident that caused the problem, or within six months of discovering that you have a problem, provided that this is within twelve months of the incident.

Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager – Mrs Tina Gabb or any of the doctors. Alternatively, you are very welcome to ask to meet Mrs Gabb, in order to discuss your concerns. She will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with according to that procedure. It would be a great help is you can be as specific as possible about your complaint.


We will acknowledge your complaint in writing, within two working days of receiving it, and will aim to have looked into your complaint and sent you an explanation of the situation within ten working days of the date when you raised it with us.   When we look into your complaint we will aim to:

-  find out what happened and what went wrong, by speaking to all the staff concerned

-  find out what went wrong and/or provide you with an explanation of the circumstances

-  make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this

-  make sure that you receive an apology, where this is appropriate

-  identify what we can do to make sure that the problem does not happen again and outline how we will ensure that this happens to you


Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of confidentiality. This does not mea that you cannot complain on behalf of someone else, but that we have to know that you have his/her permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.


We hope that if you have a problem, you will use our complaints procedure. We believe that this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice, but this does not affect your right to approach other organisations if you feel that you cannot raise the complaint with us. Some of these agencies are:

NHS England, PALS, Trust Headquarters, NHS Bath& NE Somerset, St Martins Hospital, Clara Cross Lane, Bath BA2 5RP

Tel No. 0300 3 11 22 33 or email to

Wiltshire CCG -

Patient Advice and Liaison Service: Officers from the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) are available on 0800 389 7671

The Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) is a national service that supports people who wish to make a complaint about their NHS care or treatment. You can contact your local ICAS office by calling 0845120 3782 or at

If at the end of the complaints procedure you are still dissatisfied, you can ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to investigate the matter for you. The Ombudsman will normally only take on a complaint after you have first tried to resolve the complaint with the organisation involved and have received a response from them. The Ombudsman believes that the organisation should be given a chance to respond and, where appropriate, try to put things right before she becomes involved.

They can be contacted at: and then download a complaints form

Or telephone 0345 015 4033 for a complaints form.

 The Practice complaints form is available for you to use:

Complaint Form




Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website